Unmanned Systems Technology - September 2015
Major articles include a cover story dossier of Delair-Tech’s DT-18 and the cutting edge technology that enabled it to attain beyond the line of sight approval. Our engine dossier places Rotron / Gilo Industries under the spotlight. Focus articles cover autopilots / flight controllers & motion control systems. There are insights into the latest advances in batteries for unmanned applications and a look at innovative approaches to unmanned surface vehicles. In total 84 pages of critical intelligence for professionals actively working on unmanned systems and over 35 industry specific suppliers that could be of assistance. It all culminates in a great read!
- Intro - As it’s our first birthday we’d like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your support and let you know of a change next year
- Platform one: Mission-critical info - World’s first full-size wind- and solar-powered trimaran planned, traffic management system for civilian UAVs on the horizon, Facebook to test its autonomous base station, and much more
- In conversation: Jonathan Downey - Airware’s founder and CEO explains his company’s ethos and gives his views on the industry
- Dossier: Delair-Tech DT18 - We investigate this French UAV, which has been approved by the country’s aviation authority for beyond line-of-sight operations
- UST online - Highlights of what’s new and most popular on our sister UST website, plus details of the Supplier Directory
- Focus: Autopilots - As autopilot technology heads for some profound changes, we highlight the key developments
- Dossier: Rotron RT600 rotary - What went in to building this twin-rotor UAV engine, from a company that makes only rotary power plants?
- Insight: Unmanned surface vehicles - The challenges, technology and emerging applications for the burgeoning market for autonomous shipping
- Dossier: AMRC - The UK’s Advanced Manufacturing and Research Centre is developing a UAV that can be built using rapid AM. What lessons have the teams learnt?
- Focus: Motion control - We explain the technology behind motion control systems, and offer some pointers as to where it’s heading
- Insight: Batteries - Advances in battery technology take a long time to emerge in commercial products, but many are now coming into view
- PS: AtlantikSolar UAV - Details of a Swiss team’s bid to be the first to fly a solar-powered autonomous craft non-stop across the Atlantic Ocean