Behind the astonishing spectacle of professional drag racing is extreme engineering that is ultra-tightly focused but compared to other forms of motorsport no less complex for that. If anything the puzzle gets harder, the fewer are the variables that make the difference between winning and losing. The challenge of engineering and controlling the fastest accelerating vehicles in the world is thus a fascinating one that is revealed annually by Drag Race Technology. This publication uniquely gets to the nuts and bolts of a range of drag race cars, bikes and boats from around the world representing the state of the art in straight-line engineering and reveals the technologies that provide the winning edge.
- Intro: The Editor - Pushing the boundaries
- Grid - The latest technical news from the world of drag racing.
- Dossier: Green Goblin - Lawrence Butcher reports on the development on one of Europe’s fastest Pro Mod racers
- Insight: Aerodynamics - Lawrence Butcher looks at some facets of drag racing aerodynamics and the particular solutions implemented on Top Fuel dragsters and Pro Stocks
- Tech review: Powertrain - Lawrence Butcher highlights new engine products aimed at giving drag racers a competitive edge
- Tech review: Chassis - Lawrence Butcher investigates a new NHRA approved steel for chassis construction
- Focus: Suspension - Jon Scoltock gives an in depth overview of drag car chassis and suspension systems
- Focus: Data systems - Data logging has become vital for crew chiefs, and suppliers now offer hardware specifically for drag racing. Lawrence Butcher reports
- Digest: Black Current Beetle - Lawrence Butcher charts the development of the world’s fastest electric door slammer
- Digest: Harley Davidson Pro Stock - Anne Proffit reports on how Vance and Hines adapted to new Pro Stock motorcycle rules
- Insight: Tires - Jon Scoltock investigates drag racing tyre technology
- Directory - The drag racers technical resource
- PS: What if - Lawrence Butcher muses on a study into ground effect aerodynamics on dragsters