Behind the astonishing spectacle of professional drag racing is extreme engineering that is ultra-tightly focused but compared to other forms of motorsport no less complex for that. If anything the puzzle gets harder, the fewer are the variables that make the difference between winning and losing. The challenge of engineering and controlling the fastest accelerating vehicles in the world is thus a fascinating one that is revealed annually by Drag Race Technology. This publication uniquely gets to the nuts and bolts of a range of drag race cars, bikes and boats from around the world representing the state of the art in straight-line engineering and reveals the technologies that provide the winning edge.
Contents to include:
- Intro: THE EDITOR
- Grid - The latest technical news from the world of drag racing
- Dossier: ELITE MOTORSPORTS PRO STOCK CAMARO - The secrets of a double championship winning NHRA Pro Stock racer uncovered
- Insight: TOP FUEL POWER - Exclusive, Top Fuel Dragster power measured for the first time
- Insight: MOTORCYLCE CHASSIS DESIGN - What does it take to build a drag race motorcycle chassis? Rob Moon investigates
- Digest: RED VICTOR 3 - Stewart Mitchell gets under the skin of what could be the world’s fastest street car
- Focus: FUEL SUPPLY SYSTEMS - How does one make sure an engine is getting the fuel it needs for a winning pass?
- Profile: STREET ELIMINATOR SUPRA - Import racers are bringing new technology and techniques to the street and strip
- In conversation: JOHN COLLINS - Anne Proffit talks to John Collins, lead tuner on the DSR Make a Wish Funny Car
- PS: ROCKET CARS - Are we seeing a resurgence of the Rocketeers?